Are you looking to grow your entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial competencies to create positive impact and prepare for a fast-changing job market?
As the world looks to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, now is the time for the entrepreneurially-minded to step up to address pressing social and environmental challenges, and to develop the 21st century skills needed to succeed.
Join us for Social Entrepreneurship Fundamentals: an 8-week, part-time online program that covers the foundations of social entrepreneurship, from making sure you’ve identified the right problem, to developing a solution, to turning your idea into a sustainable business model. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, invest in your personal and professional growth, and turn your idea into impact, this is the right course for you.
Social Entrepreneurship Fundamentals is an 8-week program delivered in two phases:
Phase 1 (Weeks 1-4): Explore your purpose as a social entrepreneur. Discover your problem space. Map opportunities for impact.
Together, we’ll begin with some of the big questions you may be asking yourself, such as:
- I see so many urgent problems to solve. Which should I focus on specifically, and why?
- There are so many things to do to get started. How do I prioritize?
- What skills, knowledge, connections, and experience can I leverage to make an impact?
- How do I move from idea to action?
Phase 2 (Weeks 4-8): Discover stakeholders. Build your business and financial models. Identify funding options and enterprise impact.
Questions answered during this phase include:
- I have developed a clear idea of the impact that I want my enterprise to generate. How do I design my business to reach this impact?
- How can I generate sustainable revenue (and profit) from my social enterprise?
- What resources am I going to need to start my enterprise?
- What funding models and options should I explore?
By the end of the 8-weeks, you’ll gain experience, confidence, and practice with core competencies in social entrepreneurship such as critical thinking, systems thinking, active listening, storytelling, decision-making, and business modelling.
- November 23: Applications Open
- February 11: Applications Close
- March 2, 9: Program offered*
- March 16: Week off
- March 23, 30, April 6,13: Program offered*
*Program will be offered 5:30 - 8:30 pm.