Queen's Career Apprenticeship: Kingston
The QCA:K is an innovative program, which connects new graduates from the arts, humanities and social science disciplines within the Faculty of Arts and Science at Queens University with a Kingston employer. Employers who find the right fit through the program and commit to a 12-month contract, are reimbursed for 4 months of the gross salary to a maximum of $4,000 per month.
In 2019, the program successfully connected 19 graduates with local employers. Some of the positions included:
- Leasing Manager, Axon Properties
- Operations Assistant, Benefits By Design Inc.
- Administrative Project Assistant, Kingston Health Sciences Centre (KHSC)
- Data Analyst, Limestone Analytics
- Administrative Projects Assistant, Providence Care Hospital
- Marketing & Development Assistant, Thousand Islands Playhouse
In 2020, the program will provide funding for 40 positions. Students will have access to job postings on the Queen’s Career Services website between November 2019 and January 2020. Successful students will be eligible to start their careers in May 2020.
Employers participating in 2020 recruitment include:
- Canada Royal Milk
- Downtown Kingston! Business Improvement Area
- Providence Care Hospital
- Thousand Islands Playhouse
- Tourism Kingston
Workshops + EventsView All
Focused on understanding cash flow and on sources and types of capital.
The event will include a brief information session about the program as well as the opportunity to connect with the founder Alan Rottenberg.
Attend this free one-hour session to learn about the programs and services offered at Kingston Economic Development that can help start and grow your business.
A business plan is a critical tool for outlining the strategy and developing the tactics to manage your business.
Participants will learn about the risks and benefits of succession planning.