Canada-Ontario Job Grant
Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) provides opportunities for employers, individually or in groups, to invest in their workforce, with help from the government.
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant provides direct financial support to individual employers or employer consortia who wish to purchase training for their employees. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees.
Important to know:
- Employers can get up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- The training has to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer.
- Employers with 100 or more employees need to contribute 1/2 of the training costs. Small employers with less than 100 employees need to contribute 1/6 of training costs.
- For employer groups who want to apply for training supports the government offers a COJG Consortium Stream. The Consortium Stream allows a group of employers (more than 2 employers) to pool their resources to support common training objectives and goals. To apply as a consortium, the intermediary organization needs to ensure all the participating employers and trainees meet COJG requirements, and are able to make their required contribution towards the training cost.
- The intermediary organization will be paid 15% of the approved COJG ministry contribution to cover the administrative cost related to the completion of the consortium application.
If you're an employer with a particular skills demand, the Canada-Ontario Job Grant might be right for you. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Workshops + EventsView All
Ontario remains committed to creating opportunities for our business community to help them remain strong and get back up and running during these unprecedented times.
Please join officials from FedDev Ontario to learn more about the new Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF).
Join local sales coach Les Magyar for an online sales training session on how to understand sales and win more business.
Composting is more than just a food waste pick-up each week. Compost is the earth's natural recycling process and can help you grow luscious food and plants for FREE!
Let your mind take a break and move your body with a recess - a yoga class to feel refreshed and motivated. This isn’t a classic yoga class!