Business Grant Support Program
The intent of the Business Grant Support Program to assist businesses access funding programs and assist with the cost of hiring a grant writer. The program will offer 50% up to $2000 to be used to cover costs associated with writing a grant application.
Please complete the application form and return to Shelley Hirstwood, Kingston Economic Development Corporation, [email protected]
Intent: To assist businesses access funding programs and assist with the cost of hiring a grant writer.
- The Business Grant Support Program will be provided to businesses in the amount of 50% up to a total commitment of $2000 based on actual costs.
- The Business Grant Support Program must go toward the fees associated with writing, preparing and/or reviewing a grant application by a third party consultant.
- The program will be offered on a first come, first serve basis based on availability of funds.
- Eligibility Includes:
- Registered business located in the City of Kingston;
- Must be applying for a grant/funding program to support business retention and/or growth; and
- Businesses must be for-profit and pay commercial taxes and/or commercial rent.
- Businesses need to notify Kingston Economic Development Corporation regarding outcome of grant application; and
- Costs in excess of the amount approved are the responsibility of the business.
- The Business Grant Support Program application must be filled in and submitted to Kingston Economic Development Corporation by email to [email protected] for approval.
- Kingston Economic Development Corporation will review the application and provide a written response confirming approval/not approval and the approved amount.
- The business will be required to cover the costs of the grant writing service.
- Kingston Economic Development will reimburse the business upon receipt of invoice and proof of payment.
Director of Business Development
613 544 2725 ext. 7232
Workshops + EventsView All
As a follow-up to the successful Pitch Preparation workshops, we are pleased to present Pitch Practice.
The From Lab to Fulfillment workshop is a purpose-driven workshop teaches women researchers, engineers, scientists and innovators how to transform research and discoveries into
Starting a small business? Learn how Kingston Economic Development can help!
In this workshop you will start to craft your enterprise vision.
How to prepare your e-commerce store for Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas and more.