Kingston Economic Development Corporation
Kingston Economic Development Corporation was established in 1998 as a separately incorporated not-for-profit agency. Kingston's Economic Development Corporation is governed by a twelve-member Board of Directors with representation from the business community and municipal council (Mayor and three annually appointed councillors).
As the sales and marketing arm for the City of Kingston, Kingston's Economic Development Corporation is committed to the key issue of long-term economic sustainability. The Kingston Economic Development Corporation's success is based on the attraction of new business, the growth and retention of existing business and tourism opportunities as measured by the resulting economic impact on our community. Kingston's Economic Development Corporation oversees Attraction & Aftercare, Business Growth & Retention, Start-ups & Youth, Emerging Sectors and Workforce Development Portfolios.
The Kingston Economic Development Corporation's $1.8 million annual budget is generated through funding received from three levels of government, the City of Kingston, provincial and federal investment and private sector support/revenues.
An innovative city where private and public enterprises thrive, individuals and entrepreneurs grow, and a diversity of people want to visit, live, work and do business.
Provide dynamic and collaborative leadership by leveraging Kingston's unique assets to create jobs and investment in order to sustain, grow and transform Kingston's economy to meet the needs of the 21st century. We aim to be one of Canada's leading economies.
Corporate Values & Principles
The Kingston Economic Development Corporation is committed to:
- Openness, transparency and accountability for the use of all public funds;
- Highest standards of professional conduct;
- Respect for client confidentiality;
- Organizational excellence through efficient and effective operating procedures;
- Strong commitment to the best practices of corporate governance.
Kingston’s new Integrated Economic Development Strategy will lay the foundation for strategies, tactics and targeted activities that will create a sustainable and thriving ecosystem to support business growth, start-ups, investment attraction and new foreign direct investment opportunities in our community. Through this strategy, Kingston will focus on two main sectors – Health Innovation and Sustainable Manufacturing.
Key Highlights of The Strategy
- The strategy is directed by two specific actions:
- A fully integrated and collaborative community
- A clustered approach for driving short and long-term economic growth potential
- Two primary clusters are proposed:
- Health & Health Innovation
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Two additional strategic frameworks are referenced:
- Rural Kingston Economic Development Strategy
- Creative Industries Strategic Framework
- The Implementation framework was a key consideration to prepare for execution:
- Developed and implemented by the community for the community
Workshops + EventsView All
Join other women entrepreneurs to learn how to move forward in your business while dealing with the grief and loss of the global pandemic.
This workshop is specifically aimed at helping tourism organizations and small businesses operating in the shoulder/winter tourism sectors in Kingston.
Learn how to start your business with Summer Company!